April 18, 2013
Enter your password to view comments.
September 14, 2012
OK let’s compare. I know comparison is not a good thing and living with the past is another bad thing.But lets indulge for a few minutes.
1. Everyone called 2001 – 2006 rule as BNP-Jamaat rule and AL inclined people called it Khaleda Nizami misrule. Even in the middle, they called it Moinuddin Fakhruddin rule. But during this time although it is practically AL-JP Dilip government, now one says so. Even BNP won’t use the term Hasina Ershad government.
2. During 2001-2006 regime, for every wrong-doing or every perceived corruption, there was a face. Mamun and Tarique Zia.
- 80% of country’s rural electric pole business is controlled and run by Gemcon of AL leader Col Kazi Shahed Ahmed. Finger was pointed at PM’s son as businessman Mamun stepped into the business of electricity pole contract.
- Some businessman had to bribe few lac taka to a bank for some loan; the blame went to Tarique Zia.
- Ex finance Minister SAMS Kibria shot and killed by Islamists, blame went to Khaleda Zia and Tarique Zia.
- Fertilizer price skyrocketed in North Bengal, blame to syndicate of Tarique Rahman.
- 21st August happens under BNP government — it was Tarique Rahman’s evil plans to kill Hasina and eliminate the opposition.
- Bangla bhai and HUJI continued their terror business, which they started under AL regime by launching attack on Ramna New Year’s program — Khaleda and Tarique got blamed for being behind the attacks.
- Chhatra dal Gundami — It was Tarique Rahman
- A foot bridge collapsed in Kushtia, injuring a poor Rickshaw-wallah. It was Tarique who got bribe for the bridge and as a result it collapsed.
Every single corruption, wrongdoing, mishap in the planet and all the star system around — you name it — Tarique Rahman and Khaleda Nizami government was behind it.
- High price of essentials: Tarique Rahman’s syndicate.
- Power shortage: Hawa Bhavan and Tarique Rahman
- Unsafe roads, river transportation: Tarique Rahman corruption faulty fitness
- Terror plot: It was work of top level leadership of Government
3. Things have a changed radically under this Hasina II government.
- Pilkhana happens under AL regime — it was an action of evil quarter to destabilize AL government.
- Local leaders like Sanaullah Babu, Lokman, and Ibrahim etc get killed. It is either BNP infighting or some BNP gunman doing it.
June 6, 2012
Leave a Comment
I guess Humayn Ahmed’s upcoming novel “deyal” is going to win the distinction of second most talked about ‘book-in-writing’. ( I give it second place because for hype about a ‘not-yet-written’ novel, the top place all time in the history Bangla literature will unsurpassably remain with Tahmima Anam and her novel ‘A Golden Age’, ever). Dozen of articles and op-eds have already been published in several Bangladeshi outlets ( but nothing compared to New York Times, Guadian, NPR reviews and dozens of TV interviews of Tahmima Anam gave including BBC radio even before her first ever novel was published). Even this obscure blogger tried to write an amateurish piece in BDNews 24.com opinion page. The full piece is reproduced for AlalODulal readers across the fold.
But on the side of the fold let’s share with you one reader’s comment about the piece. The reader commented,
Humayun Ahmed has received so much help, financial assistance, and favors from the current government that he probably feels obligated to pay off some his debt, which is fine except he shouldn’t try to call his novel a piece of literature. He should, if he is honest, put the testimonial at the beginning of his novel that it is his way of paying off his debt to this government.
As the reader rightfully questions the literature value of this upcoming novel and our court and the government remains very concerned about the historical value, this blogger sees the novel as the litmus test for intellectual honesty of author-film maker Humayun Ahmed.
Complete piece is over the fold.